We should always strive for excellence in every aspect of our lives including our jobs. The following are tips will make you a top performer at your workplace.
- Identify your Key Result Area : Things you must do to fulfill your primary responsibility in a particular position.
- Make a to do list. With your Key Result Area in mind,it is always best to make a to do list a day before work. This will enable not to skip important task
- Always get in early: Arriving at work a least 15 minutes early will help you get organised and have early start to the day’s job. It makes a lot of different.
- Delegate effectively: If you find yourself doing what your subordinates can do effectively,delegate and move on to more important tasks. Many people are get themselves worked up doing tasks they ought to delegate.
- Skill gap analysis: Conduct a skill gap analysis on yourself to identify there is gap between the skills you already have and the skills you require to perform your job roles effectively. If there is gap,work on acquiring the skills.
- Exhibit self confidence and assertiveness. You have to believe in yourself before others can believe in you. Be self assured and confident without being aggressive.
- Maintain a good relationship with your boss and colleagues. People who don’t know have a relationship with their bosses and colleagues often have stagnated career growth.. Many a time this counts more that the skill and knowledge you possess